Показать сообщение отдельно
16.10.2006, 12:52   #28
skom

Цитата:
Wallace, whose father Rusty designed the newly designed 7/8-mile speedway, escaped a very close call during the opening laps of the race when he was battling for position with Juan Pablo Montoya. Wallace took the high line and made contact with Montoya, who glided up the track from the low groove in the No. 4 Texaco-Havoline Dodge, causing the two to make contact. Montoya went for a spin but was able to return to the track to post a 24th place finish, 42 laps down.
While Wallace captured the pole and won the race, it wasn’t an easy victory as he had to overcome an early race accident with Juan Pablo Montoya, who was competing in only his second career stock car race since his highly promoted switch from Formula One racing.
The incident, which took place as the two were battling for the lead on lap 19 of 250, occurred when Montoya appeared to misunderstand his spotter and went high as Wallace was attempting to pass him.

"I had a run on the outside of him," said Wallace. "You know the rule is if your fenders are past the quarter panels it’s your line. But I would say it was probably 50/50…Half his fault, half mine."

Wallace had minor damage, while Montoya’s car was taken behind the wall for repairs.
Montoya is credited with a 24th place finish, 42 laps behind the pace.
Вот вкратце
skom вне форума Ответить с цитированием