Показать сообщение отдельно
01.04.2007, 19:02   #22
Krendel

По умолчанию Biaggi could return to MotoGP

World Superbike Championship team Alstare Suzuki could be moving to MotoGP next year, taking their rider Max Biaggi along two years after the Italian was put on the series' sidelines.
After a disappointing 2005 MotoGP season with the Repsol Honda team, ending with a fifth place in the championship and a contract not renewed, Biaggi did not race in 2006 and got signed by the Alstare Suzuki Corona Extra team this year.
The Belgian team's manager Francis Batta, however, is unhappy with the regulations the WSBK is likely to adopt in 2008, and is now threatening to leave the series and take his team to MotoGP.
"The problem is political: in Superbikes they are thinking of changing the regulations for 2008," Batta told Gazzetta dello Sport. "In practice, Ducati would race with the twin-cylinder 1,200cc, while we'd stay with our four-cylinder 1,000cc bike.
"Well, count me out with those conditions. I won't race in Superbike anymore and I'm not the only one thinking this way."
Asked whether Biaggi is destined to end his career in Superbikes this year, Batta replied: "Not at all.
"The contracts I have with the sponsor and with Suzuki expire in 2008. I could move to MotoGP, obviously with Biaggi. To me he seems a lot stronger than (MotoGP Rizla Suzuki riders) John Hopkins and Chris Vermeulen.
"It's a tough battle. The Japanese are able to build quick bikes, but they are not present on a political level. Ducati, on the other hand, are very strong and influential too."
Biaggi has impressed so far this year by winning his first ever Superbike race at Losail last month. He is now second in the championship.
Krendel вне форума Ответить с цитированием