WorldRacing.Info :: Drivers, start your engines!

Вернуться   WorldRacing.Info :: Drivers, start your engines! > Авто и мотоспорт > NASCAR

Ответ
05.10.2006, 20:43   #1
skom

По умолчанию Монтойя в NASCAR

Довольно-таки успешно протестировавшись в ARCA в Тэгге и Айове, и в Капе в Кентукки, Монти завтра начинает покорять в боевой обстановке новую (и наверное, самую главную) вершину в своей гоночной карьере - NASCAR, начав только с подхода к ней - гонки ARCA Food World 250 в Тэгге.
Удачи, Монти!
Показывает гонку Speed TV в 8 p.m. Eastern

Последний раз редактировалось skom, 05.10.2006 в 20:47.
skom вне форума Ответить с цитированием
05.10.2006, 21:40   #2
madlopt

Показывал бы Моторс...
madlopt вне форума Ответить с цитированием
05.10.2006, 23:30   #3
Растишвили

Обязательно показывал бы,если бы Монти был англичанином!
Растишвили вне форума Ответить с цитированием
06.10.2006, 00:29   #4
Sudden

а Спид ТВ даже в инете нигде не кажут?
Sudden вне форума Ответить с цитированием
06.10.2006, 11:01   #5
Sudden

ХПМ взял "внешний поул"
http://www.arcaracing.com/component/...44/Itemid,147/
06.10.2006, 11:16   #6
kogor

ай малацца...
будем надеяться, что в гонке выступит не хуже...
06.10.2006, 12:03   #7
skom

Молодец Монти!
А проиграл он такому матёрому ветерану, Бобби Герхарту, "Рестрикторному Королю"

Удачи в гонке!
P.S. А Спид ТВ вроде даже в Инете не кажут. Есть как я понял вариант подключения к ихней сети за бабки, надо разобраться полностью.
http://www.speedondemand.com/
06.10.2006, 12:44   #8
Johny

Завтра в Деге также гонка грузовиков (первая в истории CTS ,насколько я знаю). Учитывая их аэродинамику, представляю какое месилово должно быть!!!
Johny вне форума Ответить с цитированием
07.10.2006, 07:57   #9
Sudden

Приехал третьим в итоге

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/oval/33165/
выжил в креше (скорее всего всеж сам виноват - был зажат между двумя машинами - касание - и оба соперника улетели в стену, Моня выжил), потом нарушил правила, заехал в пит, пока пит-роуд были закрыта (типичная ошибка новичка), получи штраф (проезд по тому же питу вроде) откатился за 30 место.
а потом начал ехать как старый профи - через бамп-драфтинг пробился на 2 место вслед за Уолласом. Но потом его и Уолласа обогнал Кимель
Гонка завершена после 81 из 94 намеченных кругов из-за наступления темноты
07.10.2006, 08:30   #10
vasiliymeshko

Совсем неплохо дле первой гонки
vasiliymeshko вне форума Ответить с цитированием
07.10.2006, 12:26   #11
Balahornet

Можно только порадоваться успеху. Он как бы внушает оптимизм, но настоящая проверка ждет Хуана-Пабло в NASCAR, с другим уровнем пилотов
Balahornet вне форума Ответить с цитированием
07.10.2006, 12:46   #12
skom

Молоток Монти!
Это конечно даже и не Буш, но всё же приятно.
Кстати, Киммел то прошёл Стивена Уоллеса и Монти при помощи Майка Уоллеса, судя по интервью. И если бы не сокращённая дистанция, могла бы быть победа.
Пару фраз Монти:
"Сегодня я обогнал вероятно больше машин, чем в оупенвилс. В ф1, если ты оказался позади, то там и останешся. Даже если ты на 2 сек быстрее, чем другие, то всё равно не можешь их пройти. Я никогда так не забавлялся в своей жизни"
07.10.2006, 16:59   #13
Sudden

тут некоторые подробности, кому интересно
http://www.berni.ru/2006/10/07/2233
Моня всеж убил двоих о стену
07.10.2006, 17:23   #14
Denton

Отлично, по крайней мере за рулём сток каров Монт чувствует себя нормально.
Denton вне форума Ответить с цитированием
09.10.2006, 11:34   #15
Sudden

немного небезынтересной болтовни об этом...
Цитата:
Ganassi, Montoya Talladega post-race interview
Racing series ARCA
Date 2006-10-06

CHIP GANASSI (Car owner Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates)

COMMENT ON JUAN PABLO MONTOYA'S PERFORMANCE IN FRIDAY'S STOCK AR DEBUT CAT TALLADEGA SUPERSPEEDWAY IN ARCA RACE "As far as I'm concerned it was one solid step toward what we want to do. Mission Accomplished. We were hoping we were going to get another restart there at the end. I think he understands Cup is going to be more difficult. Everything is a learning curve. I'd give him a 9 (on a scale of 1-10 today)."

"I thought he did great. He led a little bit. He went to the back, got a little crash, had some pit stops. He learned a lot. Another restart might have been a lot of fun, but I thought all-in-all it was a great day. I'll take that. The nice thing was he maintained his composure in the draft. That's a big thing. I'm happy. I would think we'd try to see if there's something on the calendar next weekend."

COMMENT ON SAVE MONTOYA MADE IN THE CRASH "Did you guys expect anything different from him? We had that incident, had to go to the back of the cue -- he called it the cue by the way -- that's line for all you guys in NASCAR. He came up through the thing and that was good.

JUAN PABLO MONTOYA (No. 4 Texaco/Havoline Dodge Charger) -- 3rd

"It was good. Initially I was a little bit careful. I was staying low just to get comfortable. Then we fell back. We were in the middle of the pack. They said, 'watch out, watch out, watch out.'. They came straight at me, and I was pretty lucky. The car went one way and the other and for some reason the car didn't spin. I was pretty pleased with that.

"I think the Texaco/Havoline Dodge today behaved pretty good. After that the guys fixed the car pretty good. I was in the back of the pack. We moved a little bit. We were running probably 15th or so and Steven (Wallace) and I got together. I said I was going to push him all the way and I did. We pushed and pushed and pushed until we got to the front.

"They were pushing the 46 (Frank Kimmel) and he pretty much cut off and left everyone dry. I was kinda shocked to see that, but that's racing. I told if we get a chance we need to get him back. If it was going green I was pushing.

"In Formula One if you go to the back you stay in the back. You can be two seconds quicker than any other car and you still cannot pass him. It's great to see that whatever happens... I got hit and had to fix the car. I came to the pits four times to fix it and even after that you go out and you're in the back of a 30-car cue or line or whatever you want to call it and you still can get up front, and that's really, really nice."

"It was pretty hard to keep up with him (Steven Wallace), but a couple of times when someone would get behind me I had enough momentum to hit him. Before I hit him a couple of times I thought I was coming too fast, and I clipped the brakes. It was just exciting. It's really nice to see a little push, you can just touch him, and you can go past two cars. It's great.

"You're running three-four abreast. You're running high for a few laps and then you run low. The next five laps you're in the middle. We discussed a little bit whether I would go to the middle. They said it's pretty wild out there. I said I'm just going to go for it and see what happens. You've got to really look the car inside and make sure you give him enough room. At the same time, you don't want to clip off the guy on the outside. It just makes it real exciting.

"I'm here Monday testing the car of tomorrow. On Tuesday I'm testing in Memphis. As we get comfortable we'll see. I think the plan is to go to Iowa and see what happens. Here drafting is important. You need to learn that before you go to Daytona, but I think I need to do longer runs on small ovals. For one lap I can go fast. No big deal. What's going to happen when I have to go 100 laps on the same set of tires? Am I pushing the tires too hard? I'm going to have to learn that before I'm ready for next year. The more miles we do, and the more experience I get, the better it's going to be.

"I haven't have this much fun in a race for a long time. I'm not saying F-1 is bad or anything. I think it's great racing as well. The cars are unbelievable, but I haven't had this much fun in a long time. I passed probably 40 cars today easily. It's outrageous."

DO YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'RE CLOSE TO BEING READY FOR THE 2007 DAYTONA 500? "Yeah, it's nice that Chip got me here because it was definitely necessary to come here. You've got to live it and experience it well. All the Cup guys are here and it's all about getting experience and playing smart. You've got to play smart. It doesn't matter how you push or what you do, but if you don't bring the car home it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if you have the fastest car or whatever. You've got to be at the right place at the right time.

-credit: dodge motorsports

Цитата:
J.Gordon
WHAT DID YOU THINK ABOUT JUAN MONTOYA IN THE ARCA RACE YESTERDAY? "Oh, I thought it was good. I would have liked to see it go green all the way to the checkered. I think that was a good first experience for him. One thing I thought was very interesting and I guess I didn't realize ARCA made some rule changes. But I thought it was the best, most competitive ARCA race I've ever seen. Typically, the Cup guys or a Cup team puts an ARCA car in there with a rookie driver and you'll see three guys break away and you'll never see the rest of the field. Yesterday, I don't know if it was the track or the new rules or a combination of both, but you had a pack of ARCA cars. If you saw those cars like that, that may have been what made their decision.

They might have said oh my goodness, we just saw ARCA cars running the speeds they're running - running that close together - the Cup cars and the trucks are going to be five times (faster) more. Obviously Montoya had a good save when they nailed him in the door. There are typical rookie things. I watched and I'd say, 'Oh, Juan, if you could just go down the middle and you'd drive right by those guys'. And he had a good car. Those (things) are just going to come from being out there. You can watch all you want from on top of the truck and on TV and until you get out there and recognize it and feel it, you don't realize what you're capable of doing and what the cars are really doing when you're out there."

IF HE CAN DEAL WITH CONDITIONS HERE, WILL THAT BODE WELL FOR HIM ON THE 1.5-MILE TRACKS? "Oh, no, that doesn't have anything to do with when he gets on the 1.5-mile tracks. This is so much different. This was a good experience for him. If he had come out of that race with a win, there would have been a tremendous amount of pressure on him that I don't think even he wants. They had their issues. They went to the back. He had to come up through there and be patient. It couldn't have gone much better for him on his first time out.

"An ARCA race at Talladega is just kind of an introduction. It's a whole lot different when you start going to Bristol and Martinsville and New Hampshire and then the 1.5-mile tracks. I think he'll do better on the 1.50-mile tracks than on the short tracks because he's aggressive and not afraid to push the car and he's got a lot of talent so he can feel the car. But those short tracks, those are things that just take lots and lots of laps."

DID HE EARN SOME RESPECT IN THE GARAGE? "Yeah, he wasn't wild or out of control and didn't do anything stupid. That was great. That was good to see. He was nice an smooth."
10.10.2006, 11:58   #16
skom

Монти официально заявлен на воскресную гонку ARCA Prairie Meadows 250 на новом шорт-треке в Айове. Как он сам говорит, это для него более серьёзный экзамен. Во время тестов на этом треке самое тяжёлое для него было освоение тормозов. И хотя он хорошо набирал скорость, но ни с кем не боролся.
Удачи! Думаю, результаты на шорт-треке должны многое показать.
15.10.2006, 01:16   #17
Sudden

на практике 5-й... ждем квалу....
15.10.2006, 04:11   #18
Fuel

3-й. По-моему, отличный результат
Fuel вне форума Ответить с цитированием
15.10.2006, 10:27   #19
Sudden

угу.. но все покажет гонка...
впервые на шорт-треке..
15.10.2006, 14:04   #20
skom

Молодца! Трек новый, гонщики знают его только по тестам, и это тоже может помочь Монти.
16.10.2006, 01:53   #21
Sudden

грят, наломал дров, лидируя
ждем с нетерпением видюх
16.10.2006, 11:43   #22
Sudden

Цитата:
"I had a run on the outside of him,” said Wallace. “You know the rule is if your fenders are past the quarter panels it’s your line. But I would say it was probably 50/50…Half his fault, half mine.”
интересно всеже увидеть своими глазами...
16.10.2006, 11:51   #23
skom

Эх, Монти, в своём ключе и дальше! Налажал всё же. Не отработал до конца взаимодействие со своим споттером, как я понял. Ну ничего, научится ещё. Видео надо глянуть.
P.S. А Стиву не иначе как отец подсказал, как надо ехать по его треку

Последний раз редактировалось skom, 16.10.2006 в 11:53.
16.10.2006, 12:21   #24
Sudden

да, не это в любом случае было полезно
на своих ошибках учатся
Стив грит, что вина 50/50.. пусть даже и так.. но Моне, ясное дело, не хватает гоночного опыта и мудрости при езде в траффике.
Ниче, наработает.
16.10.2006, 12:37   #25
Bio

А чё он там слил то? Расскажите вкратце, а то я пока не разбирался.
Bio вне форума Ответить с цитированием
16.10.2006, 12:40   #26
skom

А как рассказать - гонки-то никто не видел, по новостям прочитали
16.10.2006, 12:43   #27
Bio

Ну а в новостях чё пишут, если вкратце? Я ж говорю не смотрел еще.
16.10.2006, 12:52   #28
skom

Цитата:
Wallace, whose father Rusty designed the newly designed 7/8-mile speedway, escaped a very close call during the opening laps of the race when he was battling for position with Juan Pablo Montoya. Wallace took the high line and made contact with Montoya, who glided up the track from the low groove in the No. 4 Texaco-Havoline Dodge, causing the two to make contact. Montoya went for a spin but was able to return to the track to post a 24th place finish, 42 laps down.
While Wallace captured the pole and won the race, it wasn’t an easy victory as he had to overcome an early race accident with Juan Pablo Montoya, who was competing in only his second career stock car race since his highly promoted switch from Formula One racing.
The incident, which took place as the two were battling for the lead on lap 19 of 250, occurred when Montoya appeared to misunderstand his spotter and went high as Wallace was attempting to pass him.

"I had a run on the outside of him," said Wallace. "You know the rule is if your fenders are past the quarter panels it’s your line. But I would say it was probably 50/50…Half his fault, half mine."

Wallace had minor damage, while Montoya’s car was taken behind the wall for repairs.
Montoya is credited with a 24th place finish, 42 laps behind the pace.
Вот вкратце
16.10.2006, 13:11   #29
Bio

Интересно будет глянуть как Монтоя в Буш поедет
17.10.2006, 16:35   #30
madlopt

Цитата:
Сообщение от Bio Посмотреть сообщение
Интересно будет глянуть как Монтоя в Буш поедет

Жду недождусь, ведь Буш я смотреть смогу